Thursday, April 11

Shaan’s Grilled fish in garlic butter sauce


 

Shaan’s Grilled fish in garlic butter sauce



Is being fed Farex and Cerelac in a steel bowl by my mother.

My favourite dish

It has to be grilled fish with garlic butter sauce.

My lunch comprises

I am not a rice person. So I normally stick to light meals — rotis, vegetables, dal. But I need atleast one non-veg dish with my meal.
On a date I love to eat

My wife and I normally love having seafood when we go out. So normally it is either Italian or Chinese, maybe some calamaris or prawns.
My most romantic dinner till date
Was in Istanbul in Turkey. It was a restaurant overlooking the Blue Mosque where my wife and I had gone for a late lunch. The lunch was perfect with some grilled dish and red wine.
The country that serves heavenly food

I think Thailand has the best food to offer. Whenever we've gone to Thailand, I've thoroughly enjoyed the food there.
I am not a great cook

Once I tried making tea for my guruji, but it turned out so bad that he did not even take a sip. He waited for my wife to come back home and make a cup of tea for him!
One thing I miss the most from my mom's kitchen

Ever since my mom stopped entering the kitchen, I miss her 'macher jholbhaat'made with eggplant, potatoes and bori.

Shaan's Grilled fish in garlic butter sauce

INGREDIENTS

Fish fillet: 500 gm, garlic: 1 tsp (chopped), Fresh rosemary: ½ tsp, Fresh parsley: 2 tbsp, Lemon juice: ¼ tsp, Salt and pepper to taste
To prepare garlic butter: Cloves: 9 (roasted, peeled and pureed), Salted butter: 175 gm, Black pepper: a pinch
METHOD

Place a grill pan on medium flame. Sprinkle some olive oil and place the fish fillets on it.
Sprinkle salt and sugar and black pepper and add lemon juice to it. Grill both sides of the fish.

After the fish is grilled well, place it on a plate.

In another pan, take a tablespoon of butter and add to it chopped garlic, salt, sugar and black pepper.

Heat it till the butter melts. Put off the flame and add chopped lemongrass. Pour the sauce over grilled fish. Serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment